10.24.2006

the afterlife -journal

I don't really care what happens to my body after I die. I'm not saying I don't beleive in the afterlife, but I'm not saying I do. If there isn't an afterlife then it doesn't matter, and if there is an afterlife then I don't beleive that what happens to your body will affect your soul or whatever it is that travels to the otherworld. The thing is, I don't really understand why there would be an afterlife. At least, not a traditional one. From what I hear, all you do when you go to heaven is sit around with a bunch of virgins and drink wine. It serves no purpose. I mean sure it's nice that God wants us to feel good after we die, but what's the point? You can't do anything in heaven. You can't affect anything. No, if there is an afterlife it would be a useful one. There would be a reason for us to continue consciousness after we leave our bodies. From what I hear, there isn't. That's why reincarnation makes more sense to me than Heaven. At least there's a point to it. But at the same time, reincarnation can't be true because the world population is constantly rising. Where are all the new souls coming from?

No comments: